Cal Kestis WIP

Given that Cal was a kit costume, I had a lot of work to adjust the kit to be what I wanted.

First, we had the leather jerkin. It's entirely the wrong color, did not attach, and just, in general, looked cheap.

Using leather paint, and while listening to a Brandon Sanderson book, I painted the jerkin to have a more appropriate look to it.

We had to trim the belt, as well as take in the pants which were frankly enormous. The pockets also would not work as actual pockets so we made new pockets and dyed them an appropriate color to match.

The biggest issue was it was far too clean. So this was my first time using weathering clothes. I used dirt spray paint and watered down black paint for oil stains. I also worked paints into the crevices to really sell the dirt from the